Re: MySQL to Postgresql schema conversion

From: "Sean Davis" <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MySQL to Postgresql schema conversion
Date: 2008-09-30 16:48:09
Lists: pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov> wrote:
> There are a number of mysql to postgresql converters available, but
> many of them have significant shortcomings.  Has anyone found a tool
> that works well?  I am trying to convert a couple of relatively large,
> public schema to postgresql.

I started playing with sqlalchemy (python) which can reflect a schema
to python objects.  Those objects can then be used to instantiate
another schema in a different database dialect.  Works like a charm
after modifying a couple of column names.  It mirrors about 4000
tables in about 45 seconds (of course, without the data).

Sean