Re: Printing query durations

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: Kevin Dorne <kevin(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Printing query durations
Date: 2006-03-28 03:19:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com> writes:
> There is no difference between a jdbc query and a psql query. The
> backend doesn't know where the query comes from.

However, the backend has different code paths for V2 and V3 protocol,
and it could be that what he's looking at is a deficiency in the V3
protocol logging support.  If so, telling jdbc to use V2 would help.
(I'm being tentative about this because the backend version was not
mentioned --- we've fixed some of that stuff in recent releases.)