Re: Switchover of Master and Slave roles

From: A J <s5aly(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Ray Stell <stellr(at)cns(dot)vt(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Switchover of Master and Slave roles
Date: 2011-06-07 18:33:56
Lists: pgsql-admin
>>To return to normal operation, a standby server must be recreated, either on the
>>former primary system when it comes up<<

What does it exactly mean to 'recreate a standby server' ? Can I not use the
datafiles on the former primary and just let it sync and get the incremental
from the new primary ? Do I have to remove all the data files from the former
primary and get all the datafiles through rsync (or other similar manner) from
the new primary ?