Re: LIBPQ on Windows and large Queries

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Steve Howe" <howe(at)carcass(dot)dhs(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: LIBPQ on Windows and large Queries
Date: 2001-07-27 05:36:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers
"Steve Howe" <howe(at)carcass(dot)dhs(dot)org> writes:
>         Is anybody trying to solve the 8191 bytes query limit from libpq
> windows port ???

I think it's *your* responsibility, at least to identify what's going
on.  This is an open source project, and that means you can and should
fix problems that affect you.

FWIW, if the problem is real (which I still misdoubt), it seems like
it would have to be related to needing to flush multiple output
bufferloads during a single PQsendQuery.  This works just fine on
everything but Windows --- why would it fail there?  And why would
no one but you have complained of it before?  I have no ideas.