Re: BUG #6672: Memory leaks in dumputils.c

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: zaks(dot)anna(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6672: Memory leaks in dumputils.c
Date: 2012-06-01 05:06:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs
zaks(dot)anna(at)gmail(dot)com writes:
> Bug reference:      6672
> Logged by:          Anna Zaks
> Email address:      zaks(dot)anna(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
> Operating system:   MacOSX

> There are two memory leaks in dumputils (v9.2.0beta1):

> 1)
> File:   src/bin/scripts/dumputils.c
> Location:       line 604, column 11
> pointed to by 'aclitems'

> 2)
> File:   src/bin/scripts/dumputils.c
> Location:       line 793, column 10
> pointed to by 'eqpos'

This is a remarkably unhelpful report.  I do not see any memory
allocation occurring on either line 604 or line 793 of dumputils.c,
in either 9.2beta1 or 9.1.3.  Could you perhaps provide source code
extracts rather than line numbers that reference indeterminate versions
of files?

> See detailed error paths in the attached html reports.

There were no html reports attached, and I'd prefer plain text
anyway please ...