Re: dbsize & pg_dump

From: "Jason Minion" <jason(dot)minion(at)sigler(dot)com>
To: "mcelroy, tim" <tim(dot)mcelroy(at)bostonstock(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: dbsize & pg_dump
Date: 2006-04-25 21:47:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

Usually a dump is significantly smaller than a live database due to
space taken up by indexes and discarded tuples from MVCC. If it's
significantly smaller you may also want to take a look at your vacuuming
procedure.

But I'm not sure database_size() is.

Jason Minion
jason(dot)minion(at)sigler(dot)com