Re: python / 7.4 / FC5 / x86_64

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: python / 7.4 / FC5 / x86_64
Date: 2006-08-31 23:56:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Ideally, we would get Python to tell us the right location, because "use lib64
>> if it exists" isn't the right solution.
>>
>> Is this fixed somewhere post 7.4?

> Yes, but it was never backported. See:
> http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/config/python.m4

My recollection is that there are a number of interrelated changes going
on there, and that a backport would have to touch a lot more than just
the python stuff. So I'd recommend that it's not worth the trouble/risk.
But if you want to have a go at extracting a small patch from the CVS
history, have at it.