Re: fails to compile with undefined symbol (FP_PLUS_INF)

From: "Riccardo Mottola" <multix(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Seneca Cunningham" <scunning(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: fails to compile with undefined symbol (FP_PLUS_INF)
Date: 2006-03-16 18:40:40
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hello,

On 3/16/06, Seneca Cunningham <scunning(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info> wrote:

> > Ah-hah.  This probably indicates that the gcc you are using was
> > originally generated on a different version of AIX.  It's always bad
> > news when gcc's copies of the headers don't match the real ones :-(

incorrect: i built the  gcc myself by boostrapping from an older binary gcc.
I did exactly to avoid this kind of problems.

> > These copies are generated during gcc build by a script called
> > "fixincludes".  You might be able to fix them up by just re-running
> > fixincludes.  My inclination would be to rebuild gcc altogether though.
>
> My gcc build is like that and I was the one who built it to replace
> another build of gcc.  gcc doesn't seem to like float.h on AIX and just
> uses its own as part of fixincludes; math.h comes out in a more intact
> state.  This means that on AIX versions where math.h also contains
> FP_PLUS_INF (and the rest of that block of defines), the defines do
> occur.  It would appear that 4.2 doesn't also contain the necessary
> defines as part of math.h (protected by an #ifndef on 5.3).

yes, that seems to be it: float.h gets replaced and I don't have the defines
in math.h too thus you have more redundancy. I might just hack the gcc
include at this point.
fixinclude b0rked it.

-R