Re: array_lower /array_prepend doubt

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>,pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: array_lower /array_prepend doubt
Date: 2004-01-21 18:11:38
Lists: pgsql-sql
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Because array_prepend keeps the subscripts of the existing array
>> elements the same.  This was discussed during development of the
>> code, but I don't see anything in the documentation that mentions it.

> It could perhaps be added to the "Functions and Operators" page for
> arrays, but it is mentioned here:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/arrays.html#AEN5183

Ah.  I was looking at the mentions of array_prepend() ... but of course
the manual also says that you should use the || operator instead ...
so I guess this mention is sufficient.

The other point about pg_dump failing to correctly restore arrays with
nondefault lower bounds is a good one, though.  We need to think about
how to fix that.