Re: pgsql/ ontrib/spi/autoinc.c oc/src/sgml/dataty ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql/ ontrib/spi/autoinc.c oc/src/sgml/dataty ...
Date: 2001-08-16 22:02:35
Lists: pgsql-committers
> We have to get some oid filename mapping into pg_upgrade too for it to
> work.

Good point.  In theory you could hack the pg_class.relfilenode column
to match the older database, but we have no code to do it.

BTW, I'm also suspicious about whether pg_class.oid !=
pg_class.relfilenode actually works.  I think there may be some places
where we are using one but should be using the other.  I have a TODO
item to grovel through the code and make sure this is all okay, but it's
not going to get to the top of the queue until there's a pressing reason
to do it.

Oh well, another cycle with no pg_upgrade :-(