Re: Extracting client code

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jon Earle" <jepg(at)kronos(dot)honk(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Extracting client code
Date: 2006-09-28 14:55:11
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Jon Earle" <jepg(at)kronos(dot)honk(dot)org> writes:
> Can I just take the src/interface/libpq dir
> contents, parachute them into the same dir as my app, then just compile it
> all together (after making the appropriate changes to my own app, of course)?

No. At minimum you're going to need the configure script and src/port/
as well. My inclination would just be to ship the unmodified tarball
and do

unpack tarball
cd top-dir
configure ...
cd src/interfaces/libpq
make
make install

Obviously you could strip large parts of the tarball out, but then you'd
have to redo that work every time we update.

Also keep in mind the possibility that libpq is already installed on the
machine you're on.