Help With Database Backup

From: chalu <chaluwa(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help With Database Backup
Date: 2009-09-30 12:38:46
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello there, I am new to PostgreSQL, succeded in running a little database on
my dev. machine and now I am having problems exporting the local database to
the one I want to use on my site online. I am getting errors when I try to
run the SQL online with phpPgAdmin.

I exported / backup the local database using pgAmin, I choose the PLAIN
format and then selected the No Owner option as well as the Schema Only
option (how canI export schema and data at once).
It is the SQL statements from the backup that I am trying to execute online.

Am I missing something, I'll appreciate suggestions / links  e.t.c
Kind Regards.

Charles Odili
 Xchequer Nigeriia

Sent from the PostgreSQL - admin mailing list archive at

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: dayatDate: 2009-09-30 15:12:55