Re: tg_trigtuple not NULL in AFTER STATEMENT triggers?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tg_trigtuple not NULL in AFTER STATEMENT triggers?
Date: 2006-07-31 17:06:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org> writes:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 11:12:14AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org> writes:
>>> I've noticed that tg_trigtuple and tg_newtuple aren't cleared to
>>> NULL in AFTER STATEMENT triggers. Is that an oversight,
>>
>> Probably. Send a patch?

> Sure. Is the switch in AfterTriggerExecute() around line 2116 in
> commands/trigger.c close to where I should be looking?

Yeah, it looks like some attention needs to be paid to whether
ate_oldctid and ate_newctid were supplied, rather than just blindly
passing pointers to possibly-uninitialized local structs.

Offhand I think you could remove the "switch" entirely in favor of
driving the setup of these fields off the "if (ItemPointerIsValid(..."
tests.