backup including symbolic links?

From: NUWAN LIYANAGE <alnuwan(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: backup including symbolic links?
Date: 2008-01-25 19:55:35
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello,

        I have a 450gb production database, and was trying to create a development database using a bkp.
  I was following the instructions on postgres documentation, and came across the paragraph that says...
  "  If you are using tablespaces that do not reside underneath this (data)  directory, be careful to include them as well (and be sure that your  backup dump archives symbolic links as links, otherwise the restore  will mess up your tablespaces)."
  I have a seperate pg_tablespaces folder under E:\ drive since there wasn't enough space in my C:\ drive to put them.

  My db is 8.2 and is running on windows 2003.

  Can anyone tell me how to backup my database (including the symbolic links as links).
  Thank you
  Nuwan

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Adam TalaatDate: 2008-01-25 20:05:38