Re: Slow select times on select with xpath

From: astro77 <astro_coder(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow select times on select with xpath
Date: 2009-09-21 19:13:29
Lists: pgsql-performance
Thanks Kevin. I thought about using tsearch2 but I need to be able to select
exact values on other numerical queries and cannot use "contains" queries.
It's got to be fast so I cannot have lots of records returned and have to do
secondary processing on the xml for the records which contain the exact
value I'm looking for. This is one of the reasons I moved from using Lucene
for searching. I hope this makes sense.