Re: libpq vs ODBC

From: Divakar Singh <dpsmails(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Alex Goncharov <alex-goncharov(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq vs ODBC
Date: 2010-12-09 05:17:22
Lists: pgsql-performance

So it means there will be visible impact if the nature of DB interaction is DB
insert/select. We do that mostly in my app.
Performance difference would be negligible if the query is server intensive
where execution time is far more than time taken by e.g. communication interface
or transaction handling.
Am I right?

Best Regards,
Divakar