Re: BUG #2327: Startup script for FC4 with selinux

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Tom Hollins" <tom(dot)hollins(at)sherwin(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2327: Startup script for FC4 with selinux
Date: 2006-03-17 05:31:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs
"Tom Hollins" <tom(dot)hollins(at)sherwin(dot)com> writes:
> It was in a previous version of the init scripts. Not sure if those came
> with the OS release or whether I installed it. However, if you want to
> release the script for FC4 just edit your ../contrib/startup-scripts/linux
> and replace all su commands with runuser commands.

Actually, I'm wondering why we have the contrib/startup-scripts/linux
file in there at all, when it is several years behind the initscript
that ships with the RPM distributions (either PGDG or Red Hat).

We could push the RPM initscript into the contrib item, but I fear we'd
forget again to keep it up to date.

Comments anyone?