Re: BUG #6479: Wrong Slash in pg_restore

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6479: Wrong Slash in pg_restore
Date: 2012-02-21 20:38:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs
John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com> writes:
> On 02/21/12 6:22 AM, mikekeller987(at)frontier(dot)com wrote:
>> I haven't been able to get pg_restore to restore a backup from pg_dump.
>> When doing a restore from a Directory backup I noticed that pg_restore is
>> using a forward slash instead of the required back slash when searching for
>> toc.dat.  I suspect that it is also doing the same thing for custom and tar
>> backups as well.

> windows filesystem APIs are perfectly happy with forward slashes in
> paths, always have been.

ISTM we've heard of Windows antivirus add-ons that break this, which of
course is just one of many varieties of fail in that industry.  But
yeah, the stated complaint is not by itself a bug, and it would help a
lot if the OP had shown us what he's doing and what happens instead of
jumping to conclusions about why it's not working for him.