Full Text Search examples patch

From: "Erik" <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Full Text Search examples patch
Date: 2008-01-11 21:34:02
Lists: pgsql-docs
I made some changes to textsearch.sgml, the FTS
documentation.  It contained references to a table 'pgweb'
that was nowhere to be found, and a similarly unreferenced
'apod' table, which I happened to have found earlier here:

   http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/fts/apod.dump.gz

(it has around 1700 rows).

I changed all references to 'pgweb' to 'apod'. This apod
table initially corresponds with the structure of the
table in the dump file.  (In the documentation, that table
is subsequently changed by adding a tsvector column.)

It would be nice if that apod table could be included with
postgres in its entirety, or maybe even an updated
version, as the above dump only contains records from
1995-2001.  In case the table is deemed to large for
inclusion in the distribution, I have put the initial
'create' statements and selected 20 records, so that the
example queries give some results (albeit fewer results
than there are in the textsearch.sgml document now - it
was apparently run with a full apod table).

With these changes (from table 'pgweb' to 'apod') the
examples can be run.

If the table data is included (whole or truncated) a
paragraph saying where to find it should be written
too.

Erik Rijkers

pgsql-docs by date