Re: Problem: plperl load failed (PGSQL 7.1.2)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Markwalder Philip <pm(at)ibp(dot)ch>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem: plperl load failed (PGSQL 7.1.2)
Date: 2001-07-17 16:14:08
Lists: pgsql-admin

Markwalder Philip <pm(at)ibp(dot)ch> writes:
> I tried to load plperl into postgres. But got this error message:

> ERROR: Load of file /opt/postgres/7.1.2//lib/plperl.so failed: undefined symbol: ap_null_cleanup

Hm. There's no such symbol anywhere in the Postgres sources. My bet is
that you are seeing a problem with the linker failing to locate the
additional shared libraries that plperl.so requires --- libperl.so being
the most obvious one, but maybe there are more in your configuration.

Check ldconfig and so forth to see if the shared library search path
is set up correctly.