Select data for current week only

From: BlackMage <dsd7872(at)uncw(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Select data for current week only
Date: 2009-08-27 18:09:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey all,

I've been trying to figure this problem out with just using sql but I'm not
sure how too. I have a table that holds events for each week but I only want
to select events happening for the current week(Mon-Sun). So can anyone help
me out with this just using sql? I've accomplished it sorta using php but
only within the current 7 day range(example Thursday-Thursday) but not by
the week.

The field I am using for sorting is a Date type with the format yyyy-mm-dd
hh:mm:ss .