Sylvain Rabot <sylvain(at)abstraction(dot)fr> writes:
> On Postgres 9.1beta2 when i run this code the first select will use
> contraint exclusion but the second will not.
> This apparently has something to do with the size of the array
> returned by the fake immutable function.
* Proof attempts involving large arrays in ScalarArrayOpExpr nodes are
* likely to require O(N^2) time, and more often than not fail anyway.
* So we set an arbitrary limit on the number of array elements that
* we will allow to be treated as an AND or OR clause.
* XXX is it worth exposing this as a GUC knob?
#define MAX_SAOP_ARRAY_SIZE 100
While you could possibly increase that, I think that your approach is
bound to have terrible performance anyway.
regards, tom lane
In response to
pgsql-general by date
|Next:||From: Cédric Villemain||Date: 2011-06-21 17:00:30|
|Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening|
|Previous:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2011-06-21 16:07:51|
|Subject: Re: LISTEN filtering |