Re: pg_ctlcluster not logging error (memory problem likely)

From: val <valiouk(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Tony Webb <amw(at)sanger(dot)ac(dot)uk>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_ctlcluster not logging error (memory problem likely)
Date: 2009-03-27 10:21:16
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tony Webb <amw(at)sanger(dot)ac(dot)uk> wrote:
> Thanks Val. Yes, I checked the /var/log/postgresql
> directory but no joy.

Ok, I just had a quick look at the script and it seems that it will first check if you have got 'log_filename' or 'log_directory' configured in your postgresql.conf file. If not it will then check for a symbolic link named 'log' under your /etc/postgresql/$version/$cluster/ folder. And if this link doesn't exist it will fall back to using /var/log/postgresql.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Val