Re: Mammoth in Core?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mammoth in Core?
Date: 2010-01-16 00:40:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> O.k. I know there is no way we will hit this for 8.5. So this is more of
> a future discussion more than anything.

Well, this is not really the time to be having such a discussion; right
now we need to all have our noses to the grindstone dealing with the
already-submitted 8.5 features.  The start of the next devel cycle would
be a more appropriate time to think about it.

(Personally, I suspect we're going to have our hands full dealing with
HS+SR for quite some time to come, which implies we should not scatter
our energies across multiple replication solutions.  But that will be
clearer in a few months when we see what emerges from beta.)