Re: Install from Source On Windows - University of Sydney Research

From: Kushal Vaghani <kushalvaghani(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Install from Source On Windows - University of Sydney Research
Date: 2009-08-24 06:22:26
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

Hey Craig

I am doing a research project on a particular branch of postgreSQL and we
have already had some code written on top of 8.2.4 base release few years
back. I am doing some extensions to it. So thats the reason of not using the
latest releases. There would be lot of extra patching etc.

I mean when i run src\tools\msvc\install.pl DESTINATION DIRECTORY, I do get
3 folder with 3 exe's in the bin directory.

So is there a script on wondows I can run to fireoff postmaster then load
the new DB and connect via pgADMIN ?

Many thanks.