Install from Source On Windows - University of Sydney Research

From: Kushal Vaghani <kushalvaghani(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Install from Source On Windows - University of Sydney Research
Date: 2009-08-24 05:25:40
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

Hello,

I have downloaded and built the 8.2.4 postgreSQL from source. This was done
by running the build.bat file under src\tools\msvc. I do get a few errors
with some contrib projects, but I do not care about them.

When i do install(install.pl), there is a destination directory created. Now
my question is how do i run postgreSQL from within here. Is there a command
line script etc. for this ? Or how can i connect it to pgADMin i.e. the new
exe as well as bki file.

Thanks
Kushal