Re: libplperl.so and libperl.so

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: andrew(at)supernews(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: libplperl.so and libperl.so
Date: 2004-11-16 21:11:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Andrew - Supernews <andrew+nonews(at)supernews(dot)com> writes:
> On 2004-11-16, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Don't you think this is likely to break more cases than it fixes?

> You're not correctly understanding what it does.

Doh. You're right, I misread the (unnecessarily obscure) sed command.

> As I originally said in IRC, I do not know why the configure script is
> trying to second-guess the ExtUtils::Embed output; however, what it is
> doing clearly produces the wrong results.

I'm not sure why it's doing that either; taking the Embed output as gospel
would seem like a reasonable thing to do. But I'm hesitant to change code
that's been the same since PG 7.3 and therefore has survived two port
testing cycles without previous complaints.

Peter, it was you that committed the current contents of config/perl.m4;
do you recall why it wants to remove ccdlflags from the Embed results?