Re: Sudden JVM crashes - a Postgres driver problem?

From: "ljairath(at)uoguelph(dot)ca" <lkjairath(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, brharp(at)uoguelph(dot)ca, Barbara Edwards <edwards(at)uoguelph(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: Sudden JVM crashes - a Postgres driver problem?
Date: 2007-03-29 15:12:13
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I know that much. That's the only exception in the log and caused our Tomcat JVM to crash. What is the reason for it. Can somebody explain it? Thx.

Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com> wrote:

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, ljairath(at)uoguelph(dot)ca wrote:

> The following query has caused our JVM to crash. could someone please
> explain it? our configuration is:
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: date/time field value out of
> range: "2007-2-29 0:0"

This is not a JVM crash. It's a standard Exception being thrown by the
server correctly rejecting an invalid date. There is no 29th of February
in 2007.

Kris Jurka