Re: What's wrong with glibc-devel-2.2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: yoda(at)cef(dot)org(dot)tw, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What's wrong with glibc-devel-2.2
Date: 2001-04-17 17:04:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org writes:
> The version of my glibc is 2.2,but seems postgresql based on glibc 2.1.

Say what? Postgres isn't dependent on any particular version of glibc;
in fact it runs fine on many Unixen that don't use glibc at all.

How about telling us what your problem is, rather than jumping to a
conclusion about what caused it? What we want to see is exactly what
commands you issued and exactly what error messages you got.