Re: PQexecParams performance

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Harry Rossignol" <harrywr2(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PQexecParams performance
Date: 2005-12-12 22:56:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs
"Harry Rossignol" <harrywr2(at)comcast(dot)net> writes:
> My experience using PQexecParams is that it has a performance
> degradation of a factor of 100's if not thousands.

This is demonstrably not so in general.  You may be hitting a case where
the planner chooses a poor plan for lack of information about the value
of a parameter ... but with no details about the query or even mention
of which PG version you're talking about, this bug report isn't worth
the electrons it's written on.