Re: strange buildfarm failures

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: strange buildfarm failures
Date: 2007-04-29 16:58:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Oh, another thing that I think may be happening is that the stack is
> restored in longjmp, so it is trying to report an error elsewhere but
> it crashes because something got overwritten or something; i.e. a
> bug in the error recovery code.

Hm, something trying to elog before the setjmp's been executed?
Although I thought it was coded so that elog.c would just proc_exit
if there was noplace to longjmp to.  A mistake here might explain
the lack of any message in the postmaster log: if elog.c thinks it
should longjmp then it doesn't print the message first.