Re: New Portal in Place, DNS switched ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,"Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New Portal in Place, DNS switched ...
Date: 2003-01-06 01:42:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 18:05, Dave Page wrote:
>> Don't get me wrong, I personnally would prefer to remove them, however
>> unless we get suitable corporate sponsorship the servers still have to
>> be paid for somehow.

> Granted. I'm just trying to point out that putting ads on our webspace
> is a pretty serious problem. If that's the *only* way to keep
> postgresql.org, then so be it -- but perhaps there's another way to get
> the necessary funds, as Gavin suggested

I'm with Neil and Gavin on this: let's think about whether there's
another way to finance the website.  Perhaps there isn't, but let's
at least take a hard look at it.

Marc has put a *lot* of his own money into supporting the Postgres
servers over the years.  Maybe it's time for the rest of us to step up.