Re: Issue with CREATE EXTENSION tablefuncKreiter

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: phil(at)pricom(dot)com(dot)au
Cc: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Issue with CREATE EXTENSION tablefuncKreiter
Date: 2012-02-01 21:31:53
Lists: pgsql-general
Philip Rhoades <phil(at)pricom(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> On 2012-02-02 02:52, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Anyway the solution is to connect to template1 and drop any cruft
>> that's lying around in it.

> I haven't done any manual messing around with template1 as far as I
> know . .

Well, the behavior you describe indicates pretty strongly that there are
some non-factory-standard objects in template1.  If the database is a
few years old, that's not exactly hard to believe --- all it takes is
one time having connected to the wrong place and created some stuff.
Just go have a look and get rid of what you find ...