Re: postgres 8.2 "end-of-copy marker corrupt"

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "David Monarchi" <david(dot)e(dot)monarchi(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres 8.2 "end-of-copy marker corrupt"
Date: 2007-03-28 14:15:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

"David Monarchi" <david(dot)e(dot)monarchi(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Each line is terminated with a LF (0A), including the last line. This is
> the structure that of all of the other files that I can load have.
> Some of the text fields in the file had \ in them, so I simply replaced all
> of them with blanks to see if somewhere there was an escape sequence that
> was causing the problem.

Hm ... AFAICS from looking at the code, it's impossible to get that
error message unless the file contains \ followed by . followed by
something that's not either CR or LF. Are you sure you changed all
the \ characters?

Are you using CSV mode or traditional COPY format? What's the
setting of client_encoding?