Re: Cleaning up unreferenced table files

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cleaning up unreferenced table files
Date: 2005-04-27 17:20:29
Lists: pgsql-patches

> I think we do need the patch, at least to find out if there is an issue
> we don't know about.

My point is that we won't find out anything, because we will have no
idea if people are noticing the log entries at all, much less telling
us about 'em. Of course if they do tell us then we'd know something,
but what I am expecting is a vast silence. We will not be able to tell
the difference between "no problem" and "very infrequent problem" any
better than we can now.