Re: pgsql-server/src/test/regress sql/union.sql ex ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-server/src/test/regress sql/union.sql ex ...
Date: 2003-11-04 19:25:56
Lists: pgsql-committers

> Tom Lane writes:
>> Log message:
>> Adjust data types in some of the UNION tests to avoid potentially
>> platform-dependent results, as per example from Larry Rosenman.

> The join test still fails on UnixWare:

Yeah. I intended to leave that unfixed, since row-ordering differences
are specifically documented as a legitimate platform-specific
difference.

Our alternatives would be to add enough ORDER BY clauses to constrain
the results (which I don't want to do because it would limit the set
of join plans testable by the tests), or to add another result file
for this test. I'd be in favor of the latter if there were more than
one platform showing this behavior, or if I thought that UnixWare's
behavior wouldn't change again next time SCO decides to tweak qsort.