Re: [CORE] Egad, what a lot of spammage

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] Egad, what a lot of spammage
Date: 2008-01-16 15:47:32
Lists: pgsql-www
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Do we have any statistics of how many *legitimate* posts actually come
>> thruogh that way? That aren't spam of any kind?

There are quite a number of regular contributors who prefer to read the
lists via usenet.  We can't just permanently shut down that link; I only
suggested it as a temporary measure until this spam attack could be
brought under control.

> Even if we do it would be easy enough to say.. Hey if you are posting to
> rec.arts.wannabe.a.bondage.queen and pgsql.general, that the post is
> likely offtopic.

Agreed, though probably stuff in comp.databases.* ought to be allowed.