Re: Automating Postgres Backup

From: "gcj" <gauss21(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Automating Postgres Backup
Date: 2008-11-12 03:18:19
Lists: pgsql-novice
Thank you very much for your suggestion.  I read the information in the link
you sent.

I installed pgAgent, got the Windows PostgreSQL Scheduling Agent service
running using an administrator account, created a pgpass.conf file with my
server's settings and password, and created a script file to run pg_dump.

Unfortunately, my pgAgent job shows "Last Result" as running, but never
creates the backup file.  I can run the script file manually by
double-clicking it - it prompts me for a password and after I enter it, I
get my pg_dump export file.

I'm not sure what I'm missing - my pgpass.conf file is in
c:\users\adminuser\AppData\postgresql\ and the scheduling agent service is
running.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot pgAgent?

Regards,

gcj

  _____