Re: Wrong startup script of PostgreSQL 9.1.2 under OpenBSD 5.1

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Hidvégi Gábor <gaborca(at)webvision(dot)hu>
Cc: "Denis Lapshin" <deniza956(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wrong startup script of PostgreSQL 9.1.2 under OpenBSD 5.1
Date: 2012-09-25 17:41:37
Lists: pgsql-docs

=?iso-8859-2?Q?Hidv=E9gi_G=E1bor?= <gaborca(at)webvision(dot)hu> writes:
> I have already posted this problem several months ago, there was no change
> in the documentation since then. It's not about the installation directory
> or username, under the new OpenBSD's the parameter ordering of 'su' differs
> from the older versions, the right order is like Denis writes.

BTW, a little further googling turns up the information that this isn't
OpenBSD-specific; there are a number of platforms where "su -c" doesn't
act like it does on Linux. But "su username -c 'command'" works the
same everywhere. I'll adjust the generic text as well as the OpenBSD
paragraph in light of this.