Re: Statistics collecting problem

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Nikolay Mihaylov" <pg(at)nmmm(dot)nu>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Statistics collecting problem
Date: 2004-03-19 14:49:10
Lists: pgsql-admin
"Nikolay Mihaylov" <pg(at)nmmm(dot)nu> writes:
> Statistic collector not work!
> Where we do mistake. This worked before on 7.3.2:

Maybe some problem binding the UDP socket for statistics gathering?
Look at the first few lines of the postmaster's log to see if there's
any error messages concerning stats collector startup.

It seems possible also that the stats messages are being dropped due
to kernel packet filtering.  (In fact, that's probably the most likely
theory, because I think stats_start_collector would be set false if
the postmaster had detected any problems with binding the socket.)
Take a look at your ipchains or iptables configuration.