Re: TODO-item: Add sleep() function, remove from regress.c

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO-item: Add sleep() function, remove from regress.c
Date: 2006-01-10 01:54:49
Lists: pgsql-patches

BTW, a serious problem with just passing it off to pg_usleep like that
is that the sleep can't be aborted by a cancel request; doesn't seem
like a good idea to me. I'd suggest writing a loop that sleeps for at
most a second at a time, with a CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS() before each
sleep. This would also allow you to eliminate the arbitrary restriction
on length of sleep.