Re: krb5 authentication and multihomed server hosts

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pod(at)herald(dot)ox(dot)ac(dot)uk (pod)
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: krb5 authentication and multihomed server hosts
Date: 2005-07-28 14:32:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

pod(at)herald(dot)ox(dot)ac(dot)uk (pod) writes:
> I don't have time right now to investigate this behaviour further but I
> will be revisiting this issue in relation to another project RSN. I will
> endeavour to remember to report back if you so wish.

Yes, please do. The krb_server_hostname functionality is new for PG
8.1, and there's still time to adjust it without creating compatibility
problems, if it doesn't do quite what is needed. I would guess that
we'd still consider changes in it for another month or two, so I hope
"RSN" is in that kind of time frame.