Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel Farina <daniel(at)heroku(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)
Date: 2012-03-28 15:06:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> Since you've already removed the intoClause chunk, I'm not sure how
> far underway the review effort is - would you like me to produce a new
> revision, or is that unnecessary?

I've whacked it around to the point that that wouldn't be too helpful
as far as the code goes. (Just for transparency I'll attach what I've
currently got, which mostly consists of getting rid of the static state
and cleaning up the scanner interface a bit. I've not yet touched the
jumble-producing code, but I think it needs work too.) However, if
you've got or can produce the appropriate documentation updates, that
would save me some time.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_stat_statements-20120328.patch text/x-patch 54.8 KB