Re: Problems with pg_dump

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stefan Holzheu <stefan(dot)holzheu(at)bitoek(dot)uni-bayreuth(dot)de>
Cc: ADMIN <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problems with pg_dump
Date: 2004-01-26 22:48:35
Lists: pgsql-admin
Stefan Holzheu <stefan(dot)holzheu(at)bitoek(dot)uni-bayreuth(dot)de> writes:
> Well, I never used a packet sniffer but if anyone tells me what to
> capture, I'd be glad to.

Since we don't know where exactly in the table the error occurs, I think
you'll just have to capture the whole connection traffic between pg_dump
and the backend.  You could help keep it to a reasonable size by doing a
selective dump of just one table, viz "pg_dump -t tablename dbname",
although I guess you might have to try a few times to reproduce the
error that way ...