Re: Second call for platform testing

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joe Conway <joseph(dot)conway(at)home(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Second call for platform testing
Date: 2001-11-29 21:16:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <joseph(dot)conway(at)home(dot)com> writes:
> I ran into a problem on HPUX 11 right off with:

That's odd, considering that someone else reported 7.1 worked fine on
HPUX 11, and we haven't changed this configure test since then.

> so it looks like configure expects the third argument to be (int), when
> on HPUX 11 the third argument is (int *).

No, the macro knows that the third argument is pointer-to-something;
it's trying to figure out pointer-to-what.

> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

What had configure selected so far for compiler, cflags, etc?  Maybe
it's blowing the game at that stage.  Or maybe the test is failing to
include all the needed include files to define these datatypes.

In general, the config.log output is a good thing to post when puzzled
by configure problems.