Re: embedded/"serverless" (Re: serverless postgresql)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: embedded/"serverless" (Re: serverless postgresql)
Date: 2004-01-23 03:51:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com> writes:
> [ much snipped ]
> Vacuuming and analysing can be handled using the algorithms (and the code,
> come to that) from pg_autovacuum.

Autovacuum will undoubtedly migrate into the core. I'm not sure how
soon, or whether the end result will look much like the present
contrib code, but everybody agrees that this is something we need for
main-line development. Accordingly, I don't see the point in expending
extra effort on this in a (hypothetical) embedded-like wrapper for PG.