Re: Ref: BUG#1321: SSL error: sslv3 alert handshake failure

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: vishal saberwal <vishalsaberwal(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ref: BUG#1321: SSL error: sslv3 alert handshake failure
Date: 2005-08-25 03:19:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs
vishal saberwal <vishalsaberwal(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I agree with what you said ... They considered 8.0.1 as a stable
> version they can rely on (but i believe i can propose a change now
> after this SSL fix in 8.0.3) ...

Well, actually, I just looked through the CVS logs, and I do not
see any changes related to SSL between 8.0.1 and 8.0.3; the only
significant changes in libpq at all were fixes to make Kerberos
work on Windows.

So I'm wondering if the 8.0.3 update was irrelevant, and the important
point was just to get the client-side key files installed correctly.

As far as fighting with your management goes, you might want to wait
a week and then lean on them to update to 8.0.4, instead.  There are
a couple of data-loss risks fixed for 8.0.4.