Re: absolute novice wanting knowledgeable opinion about front end

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Phil" <philbaseless-postgres(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: absolute novice wanting knowledgeable opinion about front end
Date: 2008-09-29 01:28:20
Lists: pgsql-novice
"Phil" <philbaseless-postgres(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> How would I enable my secretaries to keep creating and modifying forms and
> reports if I switch to an open source DB.

You can use Access with postgres, and likely with mysql too.  There are
certain gotchas and things that don't work, but for the most part it
works.  Trawl our mailing list archives for some more info, but the
key point is that you connect it via an ODBC driver.

(Anyone want to start putting together a page on wiki.postgresql.org
about Access compatibility?)