Re: HowTo configure and compile with openssl and jdbc on

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: chris(at)goforit(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HowTo configure and compile with openssl and jdbc on
Date: 2004-01-23 03:29:00
Lists: pgsql-novice
chris(at)goforit(dot)de writes:
> checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
> configure: error: header file <openssl/ssl.h> is required for OpenSSL

> Even so I checked, file IS there and read permission is granted.

I believe this error means that cpp failed on "#include <openssl/ssl.h>",
so there are more possible reasons for failure than whether the include
file itself exists.  For example, it might be trying to include some
other file that's not present.  It's pointless to guess with incomplete
information however.  Look in the config.log file to see exactly what
the compiler's failure message is.