Re: tsearch Parser Hacking

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tsearch Parser Hacking
Date: 2011-02-14 23:57:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com> writes:
> Is it possible to modify the default tsearch parser so that / doesn't get lexed as a "file" token?

There is zero, none, nada, provision for modifying the behavior of the
default parser, other than by changing its compiled-in state transition

It doesn't help any that said tables are baroquely designed and utterly

IMO, sooner or later we need to trash that code and replace it with
something a bit more modification-friendly.