Re: tsearch Parser Hacking

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tsearch Parser Hacking
Date: 2011-02-14 23:57:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com> writes:
> Is it possible to modify the default tsearch parser so that / doesn't get lexed as a "file" token?

There is zero, none, nada, provision for modifying the behavior of the
default parser, other than by changing its compiled-in state transition
tables.

It doesn't help any that said tables are baroquely designed and utterly
undocumented.

IMO, sooner or later we need to trash that code and replace it with
something a bit more modification-friendly.